Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sunday Sermonette: Sam Cooke -- "Until Jesus Calls Me Home"



If this isn't the epitome of what it means to sing from your soul, then I don't know what is. Sam Cooke is so underrated as a vocalist. He is so much more than You Send Me... 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why should I worry when trouble fall
When other people don't care at all
I'm gonna find consolation
In God's sweet eye of songs

Oh, when others worry, feeling low
I'm not gonna worry anymore
I'm gonna sing on, child of Jesus calls me home
I'm gonna sing till Jesus calls me home

Oh, I'm gonna sing till Jesus call me home
Oh, we have tried yes, may have worn
But will He come? Yes, He may come
I'm gonna sing till Jesus call me home
Call me home

Why should I worry 'bout somethings
When other people can laugh and sing
I'm gonna ask my loving Saviour
While I'm all alone

Well, for Jesus said if I live right
He'll surely help me when my fight
So I'll sing on child to Jesus call me home
I'm gonna sing, well, till my Jesus call me home

Oh, I'm gonna sing till my Jesus call me home
There'll be some friend, traveling towards His arm
I'm gonna tell Him, Heavenly Father
I'm gonna sing till Jesus call me home


No comments: