I like bucket lists but I don't see any that accommodate me: a dazzling urbanite that's highly creative and still curious enough hope for the kind of fun that I can only have in New York City -- and yes, preferably Harlem. Even though this place feels like an elegant gentrified corpse most of the time, there is a heart that still beats somewhere in these mean streets. In a way it doesn't matter because I know how to make my own fun. On the other hand, it matters a lot because this is New York City -- the one place in the world where I shouldn't have to work this hard to find things that are unique to this city.
Here's what I'll be up to this spring.
- The Clean Program -- because nothing recalibrates me from the inside out like this does.
- Africa Now! Festival, April 2 - 6
- The FREE 30-Day Yoga Challenge
- Keith Faison Presents An Easter Show, April 19th at The Apollo Theater
- The Annual Easter Parade of Hats, April 20
- La Casa Day Spa Detoxification Package
- Harlem Jazz Shrines, May 4 - 10
- Radiant Light: Stained Glass from Canterbury Cathedral at The Cloisters, February 25 - May 18
- Gauguin: Metamorphoses, March 8 - June 8
- Carrie Mae Weems: The Museum Series, January 30 - June 29