In the past few years, I've written quite a bit about Martin Luther King, Jr. Instead of writing more stuff this year, I'm posting the top five. Enjoy!
Oh -- and that snapshot above is Dr. King playing pool in Chicago with local civil rights leader Al Raby. I love how well-dressed everyone is. Even in this casual, relaxed atmosphere, most of them are wearing hats.
- The Dr. King Interview You (Probably) Haven't Seen -- This is MLK on The Mike Douglas Show. (I know, right?) The tension is so thick with the interviewer and his guest (virtual unknowns now), you can feel it coming at you through your laptop.
- The Dr. King You (Probably) Don't Know -- This is the completely unsanitized MLK. And yes, he sounds a lot like Malcolm X.
- "Martin Luther King Jr Day" and Me -- Yet another rant about the state of things as they are.
- Telling It Like It Is -- White entitlement, anyone?
- Where Are Our Black Leaders? -- They were murdered by the FBI, the state and local police, and of course, homegrown terrorists like the KKK. This features a video clip of the young, brilliant revolutionary/undergrad, Fred Hampton.