whenever i travel abroad, i learn more than i think. here's the top five that's floating around in my head at the moment:
- get your electronic gadgets in order, stat: a kindle is a lot lighter than a few books.
- underpack -- because those excess airline weight fees can be pricey.
- oversleep, oversleep, oversleep -- because when you travel, you're probably not getting enough sleep, anyway. if you think you're oversleeping, you're probably barely breaking even.
- eat clean, eat less than usual and don't eat at night.
- there ain't no blackgirl hair products within easy reach, so pack what you need - or better yet, put your natural hair in a protective style before you leave home.
i'm still trying to figure out phone usage (i have an android), how to get around a no-internet situation, how to pack more than one pair of pumps and still staying underweight, how to workout in tiny hotel rooms, finding a smaller lighter laptop for travel and of course making my simplest manicure last longer than a week.