- your inner svengali - a few pithy observations on making the transition to on-camera work from theater/musicals. for some reason, this is a pretty popular post. not for the faint of heart.
- why do i love dolly parton? - in my head, she's my mentor. here's why.
- oh, lebron - remember that vogue magazine cover that featured lebron james and gisele? yeah, me too.
- a two-fer! oh, terrence and terrence howard sings? - remember that jazz album terrence "baby wipes" howard released in 2008? yeah, me too.
- grillin' in the ghetto - you do what you gotta do...
- the war of attrition - the anatomy of an audition, this time for an industrial for state farm
- a picture is worth a thousand words - my first national commercial shoot for ocean spray
- black man fridays: geoffrey holder - 'nuff said.
- the dr. king interview you probably haven't seen - this is from the mike douglas show, circa 1967: a fascinating chat with mr. douglas, dr. king and singer tony martin (do you even know who he is?) in the guest seat.
- the black national anthem controversy - a jazz singer in denver, colorado sings the lyrics of lift every voice and sing over america the beautiful. bedlam ensues.
Saturday, February 18, 2012
how green is my kudzu: greatest hits and near misses
here's the entries that are getting the most hits on this blog lately. enjoy!