Thursday, April 03, 2014

Required Viewing: Captain America - The Winter Soldier



I can't wait to see this movie and I don't know why.  Probably because I know I won't be underwhelmed by how fantastic it is, and I could use a little big budget inspiration. 

At the end of the day, I still want to see a black female superhero on screen.  Not having one is a harsh reminder of how little everything has changed and how far we have to go.  I wonder if they'll have any in the film. The latest version of Superman was so thoroughly rinsed and scoured of black women, they didn't even have any as background talent.

Wait. That's not true. Towards the end of the movie, there was a sister in a parking lot with a TWA, looking towards the sky before she was crushed by a building or something. The camera was on her for all of four seconds.

Progress!

No comments: