How wonky will things get? I suppose that depends on who you ask -- and which planet rests in your sign. I think it feels like my world is still turning and yet everything is on pause. This gives me a moment to assess and reassess, and get my proverbial house in order.
Here's a few highlights. (You've heard this stuff before, right?)
- Expect lots of missed calls, missed appointments, wrong messages, computer glitches, your smartphone on the fritz, misleading information, weird misunderstandings, slower connections and the like -- because Mercury rules communication.
- It also affects all modes of travel, so expect traffic jams, delays, holdups, etc.
- Commitments made during this period are most often not kept, so don't make any binding agreements of any kind (ie marriages, contracts)
- No medical appointments. No surgery. (Mercury rules the hands, apparently.)
- Don't start anything new -- no relationships, no jobs, no splashy career moves -- because according to lore, they won't last.
- Don't buy anything major. Like a house.
- This moment is all about ordering your inner world. (Sounds like a spa visit is in order.)
- 'Tis the season to trim the fat from your life in every way imaginable, whatever that means. Let go of excess. Tie up loose ends. Finish whatever you started -- whatever it is.
- This is a good time to clear the decks -- edit your closets, clear out that pesky junk room, get organized.
- It's also a good time to deal with anything that's lingering, whether it's spiritual (forgive that idiot), emotional (the ex you're still in love with), work-related (finish that frackin' project) or physical (drop that last 10 lbs already)
- Rewrites are favored -- so, there's my silver lining.
This nice white robot lady explains Mercury in retrograde in fairly clear terms. Enjoy!