Wednesday, March 03, 2010

thinking of a master plan

in keeping up with my inner svengali as i transition to on camera work, i thought it would be a good idea to challenge myself physically by running 100 miles this month. it seemed innocuous enough - only 25 miles a week! - and therein lies the rub, because apparently i can't stay on a treadmill for longer than 30 minutes without hitting a wall and i can't run a mile in less than 10 minutes. at least, that's where i am now.

so i've decided to start right where i am now, basically. i'm walking/running/crawling my way to 3 to 4 miles a day. if there's time and energy, i may do this in the morning and again in the evening, so i can effectively double my mileage.

i don't like running, by the way. there is no runner's high for me, no personal best, no thrill, none of it. i don't have the patience or the coordination skillset for classes that have me bouncing around like an exhausted cheerleader. at this point, running is simply the cheapest most efficient way to burn calories. and according to this article, my body is built for it. to quote the boss, we were born to run.

with boxing, my endurance is virtually nil. i can feel myself getting stronger, but at this point, i can barely keep my arms up throughout the entire class - probably because of all of those push ups that my trainer spontaneously demands.

...and yes, you can track my daily progress on twitter.

1 comment:

AJ Muhammad said...

And yes you are looking sleeker than ever! The last Time I saw you at Dutch Kills for your CD release there was less of you to love!!!

That Inner svengali is harder on you than Ike Turner was to Tinaroo!!!