Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Day 1: Beauty Treats!

There's nothing like beauty treats to make everything sublime and luxurious. I started this month's birthday shenanigans with a Curlbox loaded with summer beauty products from Shea Moisture. Everything in the box -- lotion, soap, you name it -- is coconut & hibiscus, so I smell kind of fantastic. It's hard to be in a foul mood when I'm gliding around smelling like coconut cream pie.

This is me, after having wiped away half of Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Mud Mask. (Yes, it's amazing.)

The world of beauty products is a many splendored thing, and maintenance and upkeep is a constant.  I'm always doing minor level research on some new product or experimenting with scents to figure out what works for me. Good habits are hard to break, thankfully -- and rules that seemed strange for a black girl to live by, like always always ALWAYS wearing sunscreen, have paid off for me like crazy. 

I have other rules, too. Like no alcohol. No smoking. And most of the time, eating clean is still my default option.  I wish I could fall in love with a physical activity that didn't cost me an arm and a leg.  I still love boxing.  I still have my handwraps and my boxing gloves. No workout has ever worn me out so thoroughly, given me results so quickly or made me feel as confident.

Oh, wow. That's my first birthday wish! 





No comments: